Homestarts seeks Member Services Coordinator
Homestarts is non-profit organization providing services to close to 100 housing co-operatives and non-profit housing organizations throughout Ontario. Our staffing team of close to 170 dedicated professionals works hard to deliver the management, maintenance, restoration and development services our clients need.
We are currently recruiting a Member Services Coordinator in Ottawa to work at one or more housing co-operatives in Ottawa . This is a full time position: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work related to board and membership meetings may be required. We are looking for an individual with:
- A solid work ethic and a commitment to collaboration and consultation
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully with groups
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle stress in a busy environment
- The ability to work independently and to work as a team member
- A working knowledge of standard computer software and internet use;
- Experience working with people whose primary language is not English / French
- An understanding of the importance of safe, secure and affordable housing
- An understanding of democratic, community-based organizations where members are involved in the organizational decision-making process
We will view positively applicants who have experience with:
- Co-op and or non-profit housing operations
- Housing management/administration/marketing
- Rent-geared-to-subsidy program administration
- NewViews,Yardi, HMWorx and or other property management software
Homestarts provides our staff with:
- Salary Commensurate
- A comprehensive benefits package health, dental, life and critical illness
- RRSP plus vacation entitlement starting at 3 weeks per year and increasing annually.
- We also provide a strong and ongoing training, education and professional development program.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) , Homestarts is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
PLEASE NOTE : Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE JOB #342 IN YOUR SUBJECT LINE
EMAIL resume: firstname.lastname@example.org