Are you a compelling storyteller?
Are you passionate about affordable housing?
Want to be innovative?
Ottawa Community Land Trust (OCLT) is a social enterprise pursuing innovative ways of preserving housing affordability in the National Capital Region. We acquire existing rental properties and turn them into non-profit affordable housing. We secure vacant land to develop various types of affordable housing in the future.
We are looking for an Engagement Manager located in Ottawa to work with other local groups—from housing providers to developers—that are committed to keeping housing affordable!
The Engagement Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for promoting OCLT’s vision, mission, and values, engaging stakeholders, and increasing the funding for the organization through various income streams. The role provides administrative support to the Community Engagement Committee and the Governance Committee as well as working with the committees to execute on plans. The Engagement Manager is responsible for creating communications materials and coordinating website and social media content.
- Promotes awareness, enhances the credibility and image of OCLT, and executes the community engagement plan, building strategic alliances and a broad community of supporters and investors.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with members, leaders of member organizations, various associations, and others to support the achievement of the organization’s
- Works in conjunction with and supports the Community Engagement Committee and Governance Committee, attends committee meetings, prepares the agenda and the resulting minutes. Maintains the corporate records.
- Creates communications materials and content for social media and website to promote community engagement and to support investor engagement
- Works with the Executive Director on planning, executing, and administering social finance, membership drives, community bond investment campaign, etc.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the not-for-profit sector (social services, non-profit housing preferred), obtaining funding through various processes, working with committees, planning and
execution, public relations, and community liaison work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or equivalent experience in community development, communications and stakeholder engagement
Language: Bilingualism is preferred (English/French)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the tenets of fundraising and relevant and progressive fundraising experience
- Knowledge of the affordable housing field
- Knowledge of the non-profit housing system, linkages and issues
- Knowledge of real estate acquisition an asset
- Must have a commitment to the vision and mission of Ottawa Community Land Trust
- Excellent communication skills in reading, speaking, and writing
- Excellent public relations skills; represents the organization effectively in the community and with other agencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, familiar with WordPress
- Relationship building
- Interpersonal skills
- Impact and influence and public speaking
- Results-oriented/Determination and perseverance
- Organization, time management, and prioritization skills
- Creative thinking
Information you are eager to know:
- Competitive salary: $60,000 to $70,000
- 35-hour workweek (may be expected to work events which may occur on weekends, evenings, and/or holidays). Option to work a four-day workweek, salary reduced accordingly.
- Benefits package available
- Work from home
- Engagement ManagerIn Job Postings09/14/2022We are looking for an Engagement Manager located in Ottawa to work with other local groups […]
- Admin PositionIn Job Postings08/15/2022Housing Managers Collective is looking for a person to fill a full time housing co-ordinator admin position […]
- Unit AvailableIn Vacancies08/03/2022Desjardins Co-op has units available. […]
- Accessible Unit AvailableIn Vacancies07/26/2022Elmvale Housing Co-op has a 2 bedroom, wheelchair accessible unit available for August 1, 2022. […]