Modern-Day Heroes: People Who Are Making a Difference
Throughout 2021, CHASEO would like to identify and recognize modern-day heroes—members who have made and make a difference in their communities. We want to recognize these outstanding individuals and to tell their story as an inspiration to others.
A modern-day hero is someone who acts for others before themselves by nature. They do not require fancy costumes or cars but simply a need to help.
Essential Questions to ask yourself when you nominate an individual as a hero:
- What does it mean to make a difference in your community?
- What are some characteristics of people who have made or are making a difference in their communities?
- Enduring Understandings
“People can make a difference by helping others and solving problems.”
“Everyone can be a hero by standing up for what he or she believes.”
- The goal is to encourage activism and awareness and enable members to think about what they, as individuals, can do to make a difference in their community.
- Take a moment to nominate a member for demonstrating one of the co-op principles: cooperation, collaboratives, concern for the community, and caring for others.
- Once a month, we will review and select a story to share in the monthly newsletters. Those selected – the person nominates, and the Member Hero will win a $50 Gift Cards.