Bilingual Part-Time Co-op Housing Coordinator
Homestarts Incorporated is a non-profit, community based organization. Founded in 1975, we offer management, maintenance, consulting and development services to housing co-operatives and non-profit housing groups. Currently, we provide services to over 90 Co-op and non-profit clients located in cities throughout Ontario.
We are currently looking for a Bilingual Part-time Housing Coordinator to work at one or more housing Co-operatives in the Ottawa Region. The position will be for 3 days per week, totaling 22.5 hours per week. Some evening and occasional weekend work will also be required in this position for board and member meetings. Experience in Co-operative / Non-profit Housing is desirable, including:
- property management
- contractor supervision
- marketing of vacant units
- diffusing volatile situations
- financial management
- rent-geared-to-income subsidy administration
- community development, governance and organization
- working with a volunteer board of directors
- celebrating diversity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent English/French verbal & written communication skills
- Experience working with people to whom English/French is a second language
- Prior supervisory experience
- Mandatory skills and experience in asset, property and project management
- Prior experience with Board and committee support, including meeting facilitation
- Must be able to work independently within a team environment – the ability to consult is well received
- Ability to prioritize and handle stress in an extremely busy environment
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Proficient with computer software programs including Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet (Min. keyboarding of 50 wpm)
- Experience in the NewViews, Yardi, HMWorx software programs an asset
Homestarts offers a competitive salary plus a modified benefits plan, including health, dental, critical illness and life insurance (premiums paid by employer) as well as long term disability coverage (premiums paid by employee); three weeks’ vacation per year to start, as well as RRSP contribution after 12 months’ consecutive employment.
Someone with no experience in the Co-operative Housing Sector will be considered provided there are transferable skills with all the above criteria along with a compatible work and educational background, including property management, working with Boards of Directors, etc.
Homestarts is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CHOSEN FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
PLEASE NOTE JOB #317 IN YOUR SUBJECT LINE
EMAIL resume: email@example.com