Unity Non-Profit Housing seeks Executive Director
Unity Non-Profit Housing Corporation Ottawa
Unity Non-Profit Housing Corporation Ottawa (formerly OCISO Non-Profit Housing Corporation) is a housing provider located in the City of Ottawa that offers safe, affordable rental accommodations to families and individuals in a multi-cultural setting.
We are looking for an Executive Director to oversee the management of our properties, with a mix of townhouse and apartment units. This is a permanent, full-time position that we are looking to fill immediately.
The ideal candidate will bring knowledge and experience in financial management, property management and the non-profit housing sector. Experience in financial management will be a particular asset. We want to see a candidate who is organized, eager to learn and committed to working in the non-profit housing sector.
The Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing the management of the Corporation’s properties and finances. The Executive Director is responsible for hiring and supervising a small staff, managing service contracts, and ensuring that the Corporation complies with its regulatory and contractual obligations. The Executive Director supports the business of the board, participates in the strategic development of the organization, and builds relationships with the broader sector.
The position requires attendance at evening Board meetings
• Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Corporation, including property management, tenant relations, maintenance and service contracts
• Manages annual budgeting and accurate and timely financial reporting
• Ensures that the Corporation is compliant with Board policies and applicable laws, regulations and contracts
• Maintains a competent and effective staff contingent, oversees staff operations and conducts performance management
• Advises and reports to the Board on operations, and supports Board meetings
• Participates in strategic planning on direction of organization, policies, plans
• Acts as representative with government, funders, stakeholders and the broader sector
• Relevant combination of education and/or significant employment experience in the non-profit housing sector
• Experience in preparing and managing budgets and in financial management, preferably in the non-profit housing context
• Experience in property management
• Knowledge of legislative and funding regimes in the sector
• Familiarity with non-profit governance
• Commitment to affordable housing and community building
• Comfort working in a culturally, linguistically and economically diverse environment
Interested applicants should apply through our job posting on charityvillage.com at no later than Friday, February 24, 2017.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.