Nepean Housing seeks Accounts Receivable Co-ordinator
16 Kilbarron Rd.
Nepean, ON K2J 5B2
Phone (613) 823-8452 ext 116
Fax (613) 823-8453
Accounts Receivable Co-ordinator
(35 hrs./week, $24.42/hr. as of January 1, 2017)
Maximum One Year Term Starting December 18, 2017
FUNCTION: Responsible for the collection of rental and maintenance arrears and related input into computerized records for Nepean Housing Corporation.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT KNOWLEDGE: High school diploma minimum, Office Administration Certificate from a community college preferred; basic accounting skills; knowledge of accounts receivable; excellent customer service skills; excellent written and interpersonal communication skills as relevant to the position; working knowledge of a variety of computer software processes, particularly the Microsoft suite of products; working knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA), Housing Services Act (HSA) and related regulations. General knowledge of non-profit housing and Yardi software would be assets.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum three years’ experience with multi-tasking within a busy office environment, experience in dealing with accounts receivable and client issues. Experience working in a non-profit environment would be an asset. A valid driver’s licence with access to a vehicle would be assets. A criminal reference check is mandatory. Fluency in French is an asset.
DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Director of Administration, the Accounts Receivable Co-ordinator will:
- Prepare monthly rental and maintenance arrears reports
- Prepare and authorize repayment agreements of one to four months duration
- Prepare repayment agreements of five and more months duration for authorization by the Director of Administration
- Prepare, process and follow-up all tenant collection correspondence (arrears/collection letters, phone calls, e-mails, etc.)
- Prepare, process and follow-up all Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) documents (N4, N5, L1, L2, etc.)
- Attend / represent NHC at the Social Justice Tribunal (Landlord Tenant Board) for rental arrears
- Correspond with collection agencies to provide all necessary documentation and follow up on collection results for former tenants
- Verify and input all rent charges/changes, maintenance charges, and other related household charges into Yardi
- Post all receivables into Yardi
- Prepare and post pre-authorized transactions (ACH) from Yardi
- Receive and post e-transfers into Yardi
- Prepare bank deposits from Yardi
- Respond to all inquiries related to accounts receivable
- Prepare year-end tax receipts for households upon request
- Provide back-up support to the Marketing Agent (marketing of units, rent calculations)
- Provide back-up support to the Office Administrator (directing calls/inquiries/work orders)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Resumes can be submitted to Selene Commerford until 4:00 pm Tuesday, October 24, 2017