Eastern Ontario Christian Seniors Co-op seeks Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant-Member Services
Part Time – 15 to 18 hrs/week, as of January 1st, 2018
($18.00/hr -salary under review)
This position reports to the Executive Director and is accountable for the management of the co-op rental units with the goal of supporting the Executive Director in maintaining full occupancy in both buildings. The person in this position also supports member residents at building #224 when required. This is a part time position with flexible hours.
Key responsibilities – under the supervision of the Executive Director
- Support the Administrator by finding, qualifying and processing appropriate new member residents. This includes advertising, accepting applications, interviewing, checking references, showing units, acquiring Board approval, processing new resident and introducing new residents to our community.
- Collect yearly proof of insurance certificates for residents at either one of our buildings (#220 and #224).
- Ensure good client and tenancy relations and play a significant role in the resolution of conflicts or complaints.
- Assist with financial operations of the properties as required. This could include the collection of occupancy amounts or any other amounts due to the Co-op.
- Act as liaison, communicate and maintain good relations with the City of Ottawa for RGI and BMR subsidized units at building #224
- Support member residents at building #224 as required. This includes: providing co-op information and instructions when needed, responding to concerns directly related to the co-op and liaising with Executive Director to convey any resident issues.
- Attend weekly meeting with staff and prepare weekly update report with respect to incoming or outgoing resident members.
- Take charge and organize the rental of guest suites at #224 as well as the booking of our common room at #224.This includes accepting payment.
- Provide Executive Director and maintenance supervisor with continuous updates on the physical condition of the #224 property.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The successful applicant must be a team player, will have a minimum of three years’ experience at multitasking within a busy office environment, has computer skills as well as strong organizational skills and is willing to provide us with a background check and references. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience at working with seniors, who have real-estate experience and/or Co-op experience and to those who have taken the Co-op Management course from CHF Canada (Co-operative Housing Federation)
Interested applicants should submit their resume to
Eastern Ontario Christian Senior Citizen Co-operative Homes
220 Viewmount Dr. -#313
Attention: Elaine Burt
(no calls please)