CHASEO is hiring a new Member Services Co-ordinator!
We are looking for our next Member Services Co-ordinator! Apply by November 30th.
Position: Member Services Coordinator, part-time
Hours: 28 hours per week, with occasional evening and weekend work
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
Posting Date: November 16, 2017
Closing Date: November 30, 2017
The Co-operative Housing Association of Eastern Ontario (CHASEO) is a co-operation of co-ops. Its members are housing co-ops in the Eastern Ontario region, co-op management organizations and related sector organizations. Through their association, members have a collective voice in Eastern Ontario to represent their interests with government, agencies and other groups.
CHASEO provides ongoing support to housing co-ops through education, training, advocacy and other value-added services.
The member services coordinator assists with a broad range of activities and programs, from organizing conferences to creating communications materials to coordinating financial documentation and providing administrative support to the Executive Director.
Bilingual: Ability to communicate effectively in English and French orally and in writing is essential
Computer Skills: Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Access, and Publisher), MailChimp, Hootsuite, and WordPress. Design/layout experience is an asset.
Personal qualities: Excellent telephone manner, strong organizational skills, reliable, good communication skills and ability to work efficiently, independently and as part of a small team. Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple deadlines.
- Work with co-ops and instructors to organize educational workshops for housing co-ops
- Coordinate logistics and registration for Fall Education Day and Spring Congress, and other member events
- Post updates to website (using WordPress platform) and social media (Facebook and Twitter, including scheduling content via Hootsuite)
- Prepare and send monthly email newsletter using Mailchimp
- Assist Executive Director in creating and editing CHASEO documents and materials
- Provide information to the public about co-operative housing
- Facilitate translation of communications materials
- Prepare and track invoices and receivables
- Prepare deposit summaries
- Compile and submit invoices for processing using a cheque requisition system
- Administer Petty Cash system
- Compile information for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Provide minute-taking function at Members’ Meetings, Board meetings, etc.
- Administer other CHASEO programs such as the sponsorship program, the Diversity Scholarship, and organizing miscellaneous events throughout the year
- Maintain CHASEO’s filing system
- Perform any other duties as determined by the CHASEO Executive Director.
Your complete application package must include a cover letter, resume, and the names of at least 3 work-related references. Please ensure that “Member Services Coordinator” is quoted in the email subject line. Submit your application by email to:
Executive Director, CHASEO
311-225 Metcalfe St., Ottawa, K2P 1P9
We are committed to Employment Equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. CHASEO will accommodate candidates as required through Human Rights legislation. Should you require a disability-related accommodation through the application process, please inform us of your requirements.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.