2017 CHASEO Board of Directors
Call for Nominations
CHASEO is looking for 4 candidates to make this a nail-biting election!
If you know someone who would make a great addition on CHASEO’s Board of Directors, please consider nominating them by contacting the nominating committee.
The nominating committee seeks to encourage diverse representation on the CHASEO Board of Directors, including:
• Gender Identity
• Ethnic and cultural background
• Diversity (LGBTQ2S, religion, ability, etc)
• Language (English/ French, etc)
• Representation from housing co-ops, co-operative management and sector organizations
• Representation of federally funded housing co-ops, co-ops administered under the Housing Services Act, Affordable Housing Program co-ops and co-ops out of their operating agreements.
This Year’s Elections
There are 4 positions to be filled at the 2017 CHASEO Annual General Meeting:
• Two Housing Co-op seats (2 years)
• One Housing Co-op seat (1 year)
• One Staff Organization seat (2 years)
The nominating committee encourages nominations in advance; however nominations also will be accepted from the floor of the AGM. The member must be present to accept the nomination or have a written letter accepting nomination Each candidate will be given two (2) minutes to speak to the members prior to the election.
Note: Candidates will be asked to complete a “Candidate in Good Standing” form and a candidate self-assessment in order to identify the strengths they might bring to the Board if elected. The results of the self-assessment will be reported at the AGM. Candidates will also be asked to submit a brief bio (150 words) and a photo. For more information about the 2017 Board elections, please contact the Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.